Companies renting our classic cars for commercial photo/video shoots or business events are expected to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance. 

  • This certificate must list Vinty as Loss Payee, additional insured. 
  • The policy must have $1,000,000 minimum auto liability. 
  • All policies must include "Hired Auto, non-owned auto and physical damage coverage. 

We can provide an example if needed but typically, your insurance broker will be able to issue this certificate within a business day.


Like renting a modern rental car, you are responsible for all damage to the vehicle. Check with your insurance company and your credit card company to see what coverage is offered from them.

  • All drivers must have proof of their private automobile insurance. Once your reservation is accepted, you will be asked to provide a proof of insurance for the rental. Due to the unique nature of the vehicles we rent and the way the insurance industry works, all renters must carry their own comprehensive and collision damage policies. A Vinty team member will verify coverage with the renter's insurance company and make sure it will transfer over to the vehicle being rented.

  • If you do not have sufficient coverage for the vehicle, the car owner may be able to provide a Loss Damage Waiver for the rental for an additional fee ($55 to $125/day depending on the car). The owner will provide you with insurance details for your vehicle rental.

  • Please, make sure to ask the owner for roadside assistance contact information when you pick up the car. Roadside assistance is included with every rental at no cost to you.


Owner must maintain insurance policies on the vehicle that provide protection against bodily injury and property damage to third parties at levels of coverage that meet minimum insurance levels required by law.